A. Registration for a Conference
1. I want to register for a conference: how do I proceed?
The first step on registering for a conference is filling in the online registration form. It's available on conference websites at “Registration” tab by which you can submit your abstract, full paper or poster.
2. When is the registration deadline?
The registration deadline is provided at the “Dates” tab on the main menu of conference websites.
3. Why do I need to provide my address at the registration form?
We need your address to deliver your certificate in case you cannot attend the conference in person.
4. My registration's done and I need to apply for a visa. When do I get my invitation letter?
Our committee sends an invitation letter exceptionally to the authors who've already registered and paid.
5. Do I have to send a full paper?
A full text submission isn't mandatory. We also publish abstracts in the proceedings book.
6. Can I register with more than one paper?
You can select the “second paper” option after registering your first paper. It's on the online “Registration Form” provided on the event websites.
7. Is there a maximum number of coauthors to register for a conference?
The number of coauthors goes up to 5. Therefore along with the corresponding authors, the maximum number of authors is 6.
8. I have missed the registration deadline. Is there any other way to register to the conference?
You can contact the conferences secretary to ask for a possibility of a deadline extension.
9. Can I withdraw my registration and the paper I submitted to the conference?
You can withdraw your registration at any time before the event in compliance with the withdrawal policy.
In this case of withdrawal, we will remove your personal data including the paper from our system.
10. Do you make any refund if I withdraw after making the payment?
Yes. See the refund policy page for detailed information.
11. Can I withdraw my paper after it is published on your journals and proceedings?
Unfortunately no, the removal of an article after its publishing is not in the hands of the publisher. This is because the articles are hosted not only in our servers but also in the indexing services.
B. Paper Submission
1. What scientific contribution do I need to provide during the registration?
You can register with your abstract, full text or poster.
2. Can I register without sending an abstract?
If you want to register as an author, at least an abstract is mandatory. However, you can always register as a listener.
3. Is a full paper obligatory for a presentation?
No it is not. You can make a presentation on the basis of an abstract only. It doesn't have to be based on a full paper.
4. Can I register with an abstract first and send my full text later on?
Definitely! The full text deadline is provided at the “Dates” tab on the main menu of conference websites.
5. What is the abstract format and word limit?
The abstract should be within the limit of 150-250 words including its title, name(s) of the author(s), affiliation and email(s). There should be at least 5 keywords as well. An extended abstract can be up to 300 words.
1. What does the conference fee cover?
The fee covers participation to the sessions, coffee-lunch services, a printed and digitally signed certificate, proceedings book and free journal publishing.
The journal and proceedings book copies are provided in soft copies as print-ready PDF format. The accommodation and travel costs are not included.
2. What are the registration fees?
The registration and publishing fees are provided at the “Fees” tab on the main menu of the conference website.
Otherwise, you can see a more detailed fee table on the "Registration Form" while you register. The table will automatically calculate the things you select or deselect as it goes.
3. Why are you charging fees?
Given that our conferences is self-budgeted, we need to collect fees to cover organizational costs, article processing & publishing, website maintenance, IT services and secretarial works.
4. Aren't your fees a bit expensive?
We try our best to provide provide a scientific platform for big meetings in prestigious universities with a wide international scope of participation which costs us a lot to achieve.
However, we believe that our fees are minimal, especially compared to other similar organizations.
5. Can I join the conference without any payment?
That wouldn't be possible. Unless we update your status in the registration database as “paid” you won't be incuded in the conference.
6. My coauthors are registered for the conference but aren't joining in person. Do they still need to pay the registration fee?
If your coauthors want to obtain a certificate, then a payment is obligated. Although they'll be paying a smaller amount in that case.
If they don't need any certification, then a payment isn't obligatory. Their names and affiliations can remain on your paper. You will only have to remove their names from the registration form then.
7. I tried to make the payment using my credit/debit card and it was declined. Why?
Your attempt to pay with your credit card may not have been processed due to a failure resulting from a technical problem on your card.
As a solution, you could try to pay with another card or contact your bank to resolve the issue.
8. What payment methods do you provide?
We provide three payment methods: credit/debit card (any bank card with the labels Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, etc.), PayPal and bank transfer.
The details about the payment methods are provided to you as an invoice after your registration.
9. Can you make a waiver or discount of the participation fee?
As the conference is self-budgeted, we are unfortunately not able to provide any sponsorship. Besides, compared to almost all other conferences with similar standards in Europe, our fees are already pretty low.
Although faculties usually tend to provide financial assistance for participation in academic events. That's why we advise you look for this kind of support from your institution.
10. I have paid via bank transfer but haven't received a confirmation within the same day. Why?
International bank transfers usually take several business days. You always can mail us an image of the transfer receipt to speed up the verification though.
11. Can I make my payment at the registration desk?
We do not accept payments on site; before-event preparations for publishing articles in the books and journals oblige us to be sure of the payments.
D. Registration Type
1. Can I participate virtually?
Yes, you can register as a virtual participant and make your presentation without coming to the venue.
2. How does the virtual participation system work?
The first step on registering virtually: selecting the "Virtual" option on the registration form as a participation type. After receiving the acceptance, our committee will publish an article of your preferred form in our current book/journal. The next step will be sending in a power point/video presentation file which you will present at the "Interactive Onlie Forum". It's a platform designed for virtual presentations where authors can exchange questions, answers and comments. You will receive the guidelines and tools as soon as your acceptance is confirmed.
To make an offline presentation at the Forum Platform,
please follow the steps:
All participants can publish their presentations on this platform.
Option A. You can use the tool below to send us a PowerPoint file as a resume of your scientific work and we publish it permanently.
- Upload your PowerPoint document using the link provided on your author page.
Option B. You can publish a video clip of 10-15 minutes.
In order to do so:
- Publish your conference presentation video on your own YouTube channel as usual.
- Copy the link of your published video from YouTube.
- Paste the YouTube video link on your Author Page on "YouTube Link 1" .
- Click " Save"
- On your Author page, click on "Forum Page" bar to go and see your video. This video is shared with conference participants.
3. Do I still receive a certificate of presentation if I participate virtually?
Yes, you will receive a printed certificate of presentation delivered to your address. The term “virtual” does not appear on the certificate either.
4. Can I participate as a “Listener” only, without making any presentation?
Yes, you can register with the option “Listener” to join the conference without publishing or presenting a paper.
However, this option is strictly available to affiliated university staff members or reaserchers. That's why you'll have to upload your CV to the system proving your affiliation. Otherwise your registration will be rejected.
5. I am not affiliated at a university or a scientific research center. Can I still participate to the conference?
The attendance is uniquely for university lecturers and affiliated researchers. If you comply with these criteria, please register your abstract via online form. You need also a support letter from your university and make the payment for the conference before obtaining the invitation letter.
6. Can I participate as a Keynote?
Yes. Please email a short resume of your CV for this purpose. In the meantime you are requested to register for the conference.
After the registration you will receive a letter of acceptation for the participation and a notification from the committee for the keynote position.
7. I want to take part in the editorial board of the conference. What are the requirements?
We are glad that you are interested in participation as a committee member. Please email us your CV upon which we evaluate and provide you a feedback.
In the meantime you need to complete your registration for participation as only authors who join the conference are eligible for committee membership.
After completing your registration with payment you will receive a letter of acceptation for the participation and a notification for the committee membership.
E. Conference Procedure. How it Works.
1. My Paper is Accepted as it is. What Should I Do Next?
You do not need to make any further changes on your paper.
We will send it to you again for proofreading, before publishing finally.
2. How does the acceptance procedure to the conference work?
Once you register with an abstract / full paper, the committee makes an initial review and send a status confirmation to the authors within 5 days.
This initial acceptance status is provided based on the abstract. If the initial acceptance status is positive, the authors can freely proceed with the payment.
This acceptance status will not change as a result of the full text review. The reports may result in the acceptance “as it is”, with minor changes” or “with major changes” (There will be no rejection after the initial acceptance).
This procedure is helpful to facilitate your travel planning.
3. I have registered as “virtual”. How will I make the online presentation?
We will provide you an online presentation tool as soon as after you complete the registration by making the payment. You will also receive a proofreading tool.
If you have not received a peer review report, you will have it too, before the conference
4. Can I make my presentation on the second day for the conference?
The second day is reserved only for virtual participants who make live presentations online for public.
This information was provided at the acceptance letters. All the in-person sessions will take place on the first day.
However, if you will not be able to attend on the first day, then, we can also include your powerpoint or video presentation at the online forum platform.
5. How can I go to my author profile?
1. Go the conference website.
2. On the right side of the page there is a section labeled “Go to Your Profile”.
3. Enter your reference code there and click the button to submit.
Your code is sent to your email as soon as after you registered. Please find it there.
On your profile page you will see some useful links that are active for you.
6. I cannot attend to this event due to time constraints. Please inform me for the next edition.
We are sorry to hear that you will not be able to join us this time.
We will subscribe you in our database to receive future emails.
We will be looking forward to seeing you in one of the future ICSS editions.
7. I cannot attend the conference in-person, is there a distant way of presentation?
Yes, you may consider participating virtually.
As a virtual participant, you will have all the privileges as in-person:
Your paper will be published in the proceedings book with ISBN, you will obtain the certificate as hard copy delivered to your address.
If that would be the case please register on the conference website selecting “Virtual” as participation type.
8. I registered to the conference as in-person but due to unexpected circumstances I will not be able to come. Is there an alternative solution?
If you cannot attend to the conference personally, we can change your participation type to “Virtual” to make a distant presentation via online tools we provide.
9. What are the methods of distant presentation?
We provide 3 presentation methods for virtual participants as follows:
1. We provide a video presentation option for virtual participants and this video will stay permanently on our main event website.
2. In case if you do not intend to send a video clip, alternatively you can send us a short resume of your study as a power point file or a poster and we present it on the conference virtual presentation platform.
3. In case you do not provide a presentation, we proceed with your publishing in journal and proceedings book as registered.
As a virtual participant, you will have all the privileges as in-person; your paper will be published in the proceedings book with ISBN, you will have the certificate as hard copy delivered to your address. The term "virtual" does not appear in the certificate.
Your paper will also be published in the journal as you registered.
10. Do my coauthors need to make a presentation as well?
Only the corresponding authors are expected to make the oral presentations. However a group presentation is also allowed.
11. I registered conference and received an initial acceptance letter. Can I apply for a visa?
No. The initial letter of acceptance does not serve as an invitation letter. In order to apply for a visa, you need to complete your registration by making the payment.
12. I completed my registration by paying the required fees, obtained an invitation letter and applied for a visa. However my visa application was rejected. Can you help?
As the visa issues are completely dependent on the embassy, we cannot interfere in their procedure. The only help we could do is to send them a letter of reference when you already have an appointment.
In case you cannot get a visa again, we can change your registration type to “ virtual”.
Alternatively, we can transfer your registration data to our next conference and send you a letter of invitation. This way you can obtain an earlier appointment.
Otherwise we will make a refund in accordance with the refund policy.
13. How long is the presentation time in oral sessions?
The presentation time in oral sessions is usually 15 minutes.
14. When is the conference timetable provided (conference program)?
The short conference program is provided on the acceptance letter. The detailed timetable with sessions, rooms and hours is announced close to the conference dates.
15. I cannot open the link you provided?
Some browsers may block direct clicking on links. Enter the web address into your browser instead of clicking on it.
16. Can I make an oral presentation in a language other than English?
The oral presentations are preferred in English. However you can make it in another language in accordance with your session moderator.
The abstract and/or full text must be in English for publishing. This will help increase the citation of your paper.
1. What should be the full text document format?
The document you submit should be a “Word” document. Please do not convert it to PDF. The format should be a standard Word document with Arial Narrow 9 font. Tables and figures must be in line with the text.
2. What should be the structure of a full text?
There should be an original “Title”, not long not too short. The name(s) and affiliation(s) of the author(s) should be included after the title. The “Abstract” should be between 150-200 words written in a single paragraph. No references should be added in the abstract. There should be at least 5 “Keywords” (not “key words”). The body text should start with an “Introduction” followed by literature review, methodology, analysis, discussion and conclusion sections. There should be at least 15 “References which must be cited in the paragraphs.
3. Will you publish my full text in proceedings book and in a journal at the same time?
This option is not preferred but allowed if an author strongly needs so.
Select “No Journal” during your registration to publish only in proceedings.
The best practice is to publish the abstract in the proceedings book and the full text in a journal. Or just publish the full text in the proceedings book without journal publishing.
However, we allow the full text to be published in both proceedings and in a journal if the author insists. Technically, this is also a legitimate publishing as the proceedings boo and journal are in different indexing status; one is with ISBN and the latter is with ISSN.
4. What are the fees for publishing in the journals?
There is an article processing and publishing fee for the journals.
The fee for each journal is given at the form:
5. When do you publish my article as a chapter in “Edited Books”?
Edited books are published yearly once we collect articles relevant in the field of the book title.
6. The conference is announced in social sciences, which main disciplines are included in the topics?
The conferences will have 5 main sessions in sociology, education, economics, language and multidisciplinary studies. The list of the topics are provided on the conference website.
7. Do you publish only an abstract in a journal?
No. Only full texts are published in journals. (The abstracts can be published in proceedings book with ISBN)
8. Can I directly register for a journal without participating to the conference?
Yes, you can register your paper directly at the journal website without conference registration.
The online form below to register for a journal:
9. Will I receive printed (hard copy) version of the book and journal?
We provide only electronic version of the journal issues. This information is on the registration form. However we also provide a print ready PDF full issue document with a "print ISSN" which gives the authors a possibility of local printing. This version is already paginated in the form of pre-print document. It is also possible to print the generic pages, table of contents and the pages which contain your article to submit to your institution. Usually the authors do this as a common practice which is mostly accepted by their institutions.
10. My paper was published in the proceedings book and not included in a journal. Why?
You might have selected “ None” as the journal publishing preference during the registration and that is why it is not included in any of the journals.
You can still try payment via PayPal or Bank Transfer options.
The links for these methods are provided at your letter of acceptance and invoice.
1. Is my full text submitted to your conference reviewed?
Yes, there is double blind peer review procedure for every article submitted to our system. The authors will receive at least two reports from the reviewers upon which they are expected to make minor or major revisions and resubmit the final form to be published.
2. I am a reviewer. Do I Receive a Reviewer Certificate?
Please note that we will send you a certificate once you submit the review report.
Upon the confirmation of your report by the editor in chief, you will receive a certificate.
3. How does the review procedure work?
Once you send the full paper we send the (blind version) to at least two reviewers registered in our system (you can also opt in to be voluntary reviewer) according to the field of the paper.
The reviewers will send their reports to our system and then they are delivered to the authors.
The authors will make changes on the paper and send back to the system using the provided tools.
The authors will have a signed report.
The reviewers will have a digitally signed “Reviewer Certificate” from the committee.
Note. The review process will not change the acceptance status of your paper, it is for quality improving purposes.
You can update your full paper and send us an improved version until the full paper deadline
4. I have received a review report, what is next?
As you have received the report already, kindly update your paper accordingly and upload within 2 days, using the tool emailed to you alongside with the report
Please note that the review result is just for improving quality purposes and not for acceptance as your paper has already been accepted.
5. I received the review report too late, what is next?
Regarding the review report, we confirmed initially that its result would not affect the acceptance status of your paper. It was meant for quality improving purposes.
The first acceptance letter which was sent earlier would be sufficient to make payment and receive the invitation letter.
H. About Us
1. Who is EUSER?
EUSER is an interuniversity scientific research center delivering supports and services to education and research mainly in Europe and the Worldwide. In partnership with universities, libraries, community organizations, public agencies, enterprises and other research institutes. EUSER offers a variety of activities to support and promote scientific, social and educational development, international cooperation, including educational programs for students and international education projects, as well as scientific publication and organization of international conferences. The Editorial members are from all around the World.
There are 12 scientific journals published by EUSER (http://journals.euser.org)
EUSER has organized 19 international conferences so far in Romanian Academy Bucharest (4), Iliria University Pristina, SSU University Istanbul, Kelantan GERIC Institute, Sofia, Dubrovnik, Complutens University Madrid, Aalto University Helsinki, Science Park Amsterdam, University of Vienna, Goethe University Frankfurt, Leuven University, Paris, Murcia University and Lisbon University. . The published proceedings book volumes, conference programs and the event pictures can be found at the archive website, http://euser.org/icss
The conferences hosted 7100 authors from 73 countries so far.
2. Is your conference legitimate?
Absolutely yes. The conference has a confirmed list of international editorial board, a dedicated website, a subscription and registration system, physical address, valid contact information, invoice with VAT numbers etc.
However, we understand your concern very well. Kindly refer to the former conferences of EUSER as ICSS series of which all of them completed successfully. Please refer to the past conferences link at:
where you could find all published and still online books , journals, pictures and conference programs for each edition.
3. Are the journal published by EUSER, legitimate?
They all have: a valid ISSN; a permanent website; a DOI number in Crossref database for each issue and each article; indexing in the mentioned services; an international editorial board; a double blind-review report for each article
4. Are the journals indexed in Scopus or ISI?
The journals are not yet indexed in Scopus nor in ISI (Clarivate).
However, the journals are already indexed in other important database such as
Baidu Scholar; CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure); CNPIEC – cnpLINKer; Google Scholar; J-Gate; KESLI-NDSL (Korean National Discovery for Science Leaders); Microsoft Academic
Naviga (Softweco); Primo Central (ExLibris); ReadCube; Research Papers in Economics (RePEc); Summon (Serials Solutions/ProQuest); TDNet; WanFang Data; WorldCat (OCLC); Sicillit; Ideas
5. What is your email answering time limit?
We usually answer emails within 24 hours.
6. What is your WhatsApp answering time limit?
We usually answer within several minutes.